Christmas

Saturday, June 11, 2011

30 Weeks (and a few days again) + Baby Showers





What a great weekend this past weekend was in celebrating and anticipating B2K's arrival in a few short weeks (10...give or take!). Two of my best friends, Katie and Sabrina with the help of another great friend, Erika, threw us our first baby shower Saturday, June 11th. The time and effort that they put into the shower is so much appreciated and I am grateful every day to have friends like them to put so much thought and love into a beautiful shower for our little girl!! Some great friends were able to make it and they helped us with some things that will be so helpful with Baby:


  1. Becca & Meliah Jaschen - Mommy outfit, diaper cake, and lady bug boon pod for Baby's bath toys

  2. Casey & Reagan Van Andel - Onesies & outfits

  3. Brooke & Jody Rayl - A box of miscellaneous goodies : ) (dishwasher basket, shirts, outlet covers, hangers, snack cups, hairbows)

  4. Jessica Cole & Jennifer Scott - Under the sea crib soother

  5. Grandma Kern - Christening shoes, changing pad cover, bath towels and cutest pink piggy bank from Grandpa Kern

  6. Grandma Lint - Melodious teddy bear for Baby's crib

  7. Sabrina Cox - Drying bottle rack, bottle brush, toys and the cutest outfit with pink ruffle skirt!

  8. Erika Nielsen - Baby's bath tub w/ a princess bath duck and foam bath letters

  9. Katie Jermier - Baby's activity gym and bouncy chair

After the baby shower was over, Mom came home with me and between her, Brian and Becca they were able to put my anxiety at ease while they helped me get ALL the baby clothes organized, put away or stored away and put all the new stuff away too!! Brian put the baby stuff together while Mom and Becca helped me get organized and stuff put in it's place! It is such a relief to have it done and to know that I might be past the anxiety and melt down stage because I don't know where to put it all. I am sure a few things here and there will get moved before the time comes but the big stuff is done and they were a god-send in helping me get it all done. Jay got out easy thanks to Brian...until Wednesday!! Wednesday, June 15th is my second baby shower from my "NCMIC Family", which Sabrina has also been heading up (against my will but appreciated all the same!). I feel so fortunate to have so many friends and family that help us get going on getting prepared for B2K's big arrival and the gifts are incredible and I can't wait to see her in them or around them all!!!


Those are really the big updates since our last bi-weekly post! We have a busy week this week; one that will prove to be trying for this mom but also another milestone for me to surpass. Thursday is one year since we said good bye to Angel which we will be celebrating as a family. I find this obviously emotional dealing with it and dealing with how others deal with the "day"; but I have decided that I will deal with it my way, everyone else can deal with it (or not deal with it) their way and I will celebrate it as if Angel was here with me. I have no doubt that I will get past this as I have everything else, while not without some tears shed, a stronger person afterwards. We will then continue Friday with a bi-weekly doctor's appointment which cousin Ashleigh will get to attend with me. Jay has a dentist appointment but Ashleigh is ecstatic to get to go with me and hear the baby's heartbeat! We will then continue the day with Adventureland all day on Friday, Meliah's birthday party on Saturday and wind up the day with Dad on Father's Day (sadly without Jay since he is racing.....). Exhausts me just typing it all out but without a doubt emotional, exciting, and exhausting all at once!! Until next time.....32 weeks!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment