Christmas

Sunday, May 15, 2011

26 Weeks

Here I am again...bi-weekly update...wow! One website that I have tracking B2K's progress each week indicates that this is the last week of the 2nd trimester and another one says that next week is the last week...but regardless, I have to say that I am shocked, scared, excited all in one that we are less than a week away from the final stretch of B2K making her presence!! I can't believe we are 26 weeks already...we are in the double digits of number of days to go...98 days remaining, give or take a few!! Holy cow!!

Jay and I continue to make strides in getting home projects done in between other things going on. This weekend was the first weekend in 5 weeks that we have been home for the weekend and made the best of it. He is working on getting the closet done for me today and tomorrow so I can start hanging up clothes that I finally started to get washed this weekend! It is slowly coming together. We have our wall decals ready to put up from Uppercase living which making a long story short are not the "right" ones because this pg lady wrote down the completely wrong number (not even on the same page of the catalog) but luckily only ended up with clouds instead of bubbles so it wasn't a complete disaster and I think I can make them work! And if not and I let the anal, crazy pg lady side of me get the best of it, I will just re-order the right ones and do whatever with the clouds. : ) Hopefully we will be able to tackle that project the next free weekend we have...

On other terms of the Kern household, Jay had his first Midwest Champions Series last weekend at Lasoski's in Warrensburg, MO...Mother's Day weekend. Our Saturday experience was less than ideal and had Jay wishing that he could pack up and go home. After making a few changes to tires and a motor he went out Sunday with a new mentality and an outstanding turnout!! He was able to bring his Mom and this Mama a WIN! He finished 1st and 2nd in his classes for the day. Outside of being a long time coming for a "W", he was able to dedicate it to all of the girls in his life and it was a terrific mother's day!! He has his second race of the series this weekend at Newton Speedway in Newton, IA. Mom and Dad have always had to work weekends and were only able to see a race or two since Jay and I have been together, they finally get to come up and see him race a whole race. And of course Ashleigh is ecstatic to get to come too...she loves helping Uncle Jay at the trailer. So he will have some extra supporters at the track when his brother gets to come help and his niece and nephews there to cheer him on; he doesn't get to have his family there watching very often. ME......I have finals for the current class that I am taking this week. I will start another class the following Tuesday for another 6 week period then it's the final stretch! My classes are just another crazy reminder for me (outside of the 3 websites that I get reminder/progress emails from each week) of a countdown until B2K...like I could forget! : ) Classes being over means B2K being here with us!!!

Finally, we/I have a doctor's appointment this Tuesday which will entail a quick blood pressure/urine/heart doppler checks. The only "milestone" of this appointment is that it is the first and only appointment that Jay has not been with me. But I have no doubt that me and B2K can handle it and we will get through it with minimal anxiety (I say minimal very loosely) but we know that Daddy will be just as nervous as we are until he gets that phone call from us when we are done! Outside of that, I anticipate no additional updates outside of the fact that we will be going to bi-weekly appointments after this one! Crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment