Christmas

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Half Way There!


Wow! We are officially half way there! 20 weeks down, 20 (or less to go!) We have made great strides to get things ready in B2K's room. Many probably think that it is too early to get things ready and prepared in the baby's room at this point in the game but (1) we have gotten all clarification that things are "okay" that we can possibly get and (2) our summers are incredibly insane (after all, very weekend in the month of April are filled already) and things don't slow down as the summer progresses so the more we can get done now (aka: the more I can get Jay to help me get done now before going head first into racing season) the better off we will be by the time August comes around. And as we seem to be realizing, she will be here before we know it.

So with that, the 20 week mark we have gotten the crib, changing table, and dresser in. Jay has started the painting of the "bubblegum" room. The colors being yellow, pink and green! We already had it painted yellow but changed only two of the smaller walls (much to Jay's relief on the painting side!) pink. He continues to ask me "does everything have to be pink?" so I am trying to be more conscious of my choices...it doesn't help, there is still always at least one pink thing in there! As soon as the painting is done we will begin the project of assembling the furniture. It begins to take form (although looking at it now about puts this this OCD person into a conniption) and it will start coming together. I can see the room shrinking very quickly and can only hope that I will be able to put all the pieces together as I have envisioned and still have room to maneuver.

My mom and I did some baby shopping yesterday. She is officially not allowed to shop for baby stuff with me anymore...I spend too much money! : ) She helped me add some stuff to our registry and we spent the afternoon together. It was a lot of fun and got some stuff crossed off the list. Between her shopping with me, her shopping herself and my sister; Jay has essentially already cut me off of shopping for B2K for awhile. I told him I needed to buy some of my own stuff for her and that shut him up for a little while...until I show him one more outfit to make him roll his eyes and sigh! He gets over it though when the outfit says "Daddy's Girl" on it! We are registered at Target and decided to only register there so we don't have to manage multiple registries; it's much more critical to "stalk" than the wedding registry was! : )http://http://www.target.com/registry/landing?ref=nav_registries


No new updates other than that, which I am grateful for! No news is definitely good news in this instance and the less I need to update anyone on, the better! We have our next appointment on April 19th; we will be 22 weeks at that point. It's hard to believe that we are so close to being done with our second trimester already! A humorous quote to end the (thankfully) boring post for the bi-weekly blog post:


You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

~Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"

No comments:

Post a Comment