Christmas

Saturday, April 30, 2011

24 Weeks





Hard to believe we are here again...another bi-weekly update. There really isn't a whole lot to update on in B2K's world. I have started feeling her more and more. She is a very active evening baby. She will be still and quiet throughout most of the day and about the time that I am to leave work for the day, she starts up and doesn't really stop until after Jay and I read the daily journal entry before I go to sleep. She really seems to react to male voices. Grandpa Kern was talking one night and she was jumping around like a jack rabbit; apparently his voice gets her going. And then of course Daddy's voice does too. I am pretty sure that he would sit and talk to her to get her to kick, with his hand on my belly all day if he could! : ) Her cousin Ashleigh felt her kick last weekend after Daddy provoked her to kick for her. It was very cute to see her run to Nana and tell her about it and then keep asking me if the baby was kicking the rest of the weekend.


We are slowly making progress on the nursery. After all of Jay's work the last few weeks it's been put at a stand still; because really the rest of the work is mine!! I got the bedding out of the packages and washed them. The next step is to start washing the clothes that we have gotten so far and start putting those in the dressers and closet. I finally got the bedding washed and the bed made last week. Jay got the cabinet moved in there to put all of my dolphin stuff in, and much to my joy it matched the rest of the furniture. So again, it's really left up to me to continue the progress! Daddy got all the work done as I had asked him to do before racing season started!


Jay is fascinated by how "big" I have gotten just over the last couple of weeks (I continue to remind him that this is the only time that he will ever get away with saying something like that to me!!). I keep trying to remind myself that we didn't get to this point before and he is overjoyed by it. I must say that I have surprise myself each week as I "notice" how much more difficult something is to do than it was the week before. I find myself realizing that I can't "do it all" like I used to and still feel up to par to do more and more. We had state bowling tournament this past weekend; I ended up bowling three games then we went golfing and played 9 holes right after that and bowled another 3 games and golfed another 9 holes on sunday...needless to say, I am exhausted today!


In other ways of life, we are slowly finding ourselves falling into our summer routine! Unreal that we are already falling into MAY! The weather seems to finally be straightening up. Golf league starts for us both next week. Jay will golf on Tuesday nights and I will golf on Thursday nights. Plus Jay has his first Midwest Champions race next weekend! No surprise to anyone that knows us, we have been busy and not home a single weekend for the last 5 weekends and that continues for the next 2, at least. With races, family functions, holidays, and family visits. As far as my schedule, I just finished up my mid-term on my second to last class for my MSA program. The spring/summer classes are always the hardest for me with the weather being nice and Jay being out working on the kart; but I remind myself that this is the last summer that I will have to do this and next summer baby and I will get to be outside enjoying the weather instead of cooped up inside on the computer!! : ) As fast as the last few weeks have gone, I can only imagine how fast this summer is going to go and how quickly August is going to sneak up on us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment