Christmas

Sunday, July 31, 2011

37 Weeks



We are officially considered "full term" today!! While not really meaning a lot to a lot of people it is something that I thought was light years away! Really no a lot to update for the week, an uneventful one it was. The heat indexes continue to be through the roof as we had only 2 days without a heat advisory the rest of them we had 100+ degree indexes with little air to breathe when you walked outside. This, in result, caused this momma to stay inside in the a/c as much as possible. That didn't stop the Fiona feet from revealing and the heat flashes from overcoming me. We will start this week with the same thing of heat advisories so I suppose I better get used to it; after all, it is August in Iowa, how much complaining can I really do??

We had our weekly o/b appointment on Friday morning which proved to be less than exciting with no progress from the prior week's appointment. Even after reminding Jay (and myself) not to be surprised when there was no progress, if we were still at 1 cm, that it happens all the time and not to be disappointed...well, guess who found themselves disappointed?? To no avail, I was bummed after the appointment but I just assured myself that first of all, I didn't want her to come prior to 37 weeks and being full term and second, I want her to come on her own terms and she will let me know when she is done baking. Until then, I will deal with everything and allow her all the time she needs to be ready to come into the world as happy and healthy as possible. Okay, maybe not ALL the time but some more time!!

We are winding up our weekend today and preparing to start another week. All of B2K's family is back in the Iowa area so she has the clearance there. Grandpa, Cousin Ashleigh, Aunt Amber and Uncle Chris are back in the area and as anxious to meet her as Jay and I. Ashleigh asked me Saturday if I was going to have the baby before she went back to school so she could see her...I assured I would do everything that I could and try to make that happen but it was really her call, not mine! The weekend proved to be a very busy, exhausting and productive one all at once. I think it ranks at the top of the list of "overdoing it" for this gal...but it was a good weekend and thanks to Jay's help I was able to accomplish the long "to-do" list I felt the need to put together and get done all in one weekend + enjoy a day on the lake with Brandon, Jenny and Brady! Until I think of something else that "needs" to be done before Baby gets here! : )

So for now, another week closed out and continuing on to our full-term weeks! Hard to believe that she could make her appearance any day and we will be holding her in our arms!! We are anxiously but patiently (who are we kidding, anyone that knows me knows that I am less than patient) waiting for her to make that day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment