Christmas

Friday, August 5, 2011

38 Weeks

Our little girl proves to be more and more like her mommy and daddy each week and she's not even born yet! : ) Stubborn, bullheaded and set in her ways!! I pre-empt this post with the fact that we know (aside from being reminded constantly!) that we still have 2 weeks to go before our actual due date, plenty of people go past their due date, and just because one is dilated at all does not mean Baby is coming any sooner. However, that does not go without a little bit (okay, a lotta bit) of anxiety and hopefullness at this point in the pregnancy that she will decide to come grace us with her presence early, give mommy some relief from her organs being used as punching bags and let her mommy and daddy see her beautiful self! In the same breathe, we also know that the longer she decides to stay in there the better off she will be and that she has free reign to my internal body until 40 weeks...then she is cut off!! Kidding of course! The intro to this post goes without saying that last Friday's appointment was again uneventful and without progress as we are still dilated to 1 cm from 2 weeks prior. And we again, know that she will decide when it's time and she still has plenty of time, but we can still be excited/anxious/impatient all at the same time for her to make that decision just a few days early so we can finally meet our little girl!
Aside from the uneventful appointment and the decision that I am probably going to be pregnant forever (kidding, of course...but somedays it feels as though I will be) no new updates. Our little kicker is all over the place in her little living quarters. This mom has come across a couple of days the last two weeks that I have had all the energy in the world to get things done (Nesting, so I have heard) so lots of things have gotten done around the house; both expensively and inexpensively. Jay and I, after 3 years got our first dining table set and continued this weekend with finishing the basement with our big screen television. It will be a cozy place for Baby and I to hang out and enjoy the "darkness" for our nap times too! : ) We are excited that a couple more things got crossed off our "wish" lists + "accomplished" list. But I can see it becoming a big issue if she doesn't come soon because I keep thinking of "projects" to do and they seem to get a little more spendy with each one!! But outside of one room I think I have gotten my re-organization and cleaning done for the time being and Jay is hoping that I lose that energy burst so I quit giving him honey-do-lists too!! He's been a great help (usually in exchange for something that he wants to do but still a great help!) : )
I will close this week's post with a few of our favorite maternity pictures that we got back this past week. We are looking forward to putting the finishing touches on Baby's room with the pictures being hung for her to see how much she is loved and how much we are anticipating her arrival!! Until Friday...another doctor's appointment in the morning...if we make it that long....





















No comments:

Post a Comment