Christmas

Friday, August 12, 2011

39 Weeks

Approaching the final stretch! While I feel a lot of times I comment and think that I am never going to meet our little girl that is clearly unrealistic and we are in the final leg of the journey!! We will get to meet her soon and it's only a matter of time, whether we have to move her along or not. : ) That being said, our appointment this morning was another less than eventful one. There was a little bit of progress this week going from 1 to "between 1 and 2" and from 50% to 75%; so progress. Contractions seem to be more and more frequent this past week but clearly nothing that is concerning or reason to believe that things are moving along. The hardest part is really knowing "is this it" or "just practice". So many have said "you will know" but I have also heard condescending stories that you don't always "just know". It all depends on the person, the pregnancy, the pain tolerance (which I still have not really determined how high mine is but time will certainly tell!) The subject of an epidural has come up several times and at one time I considered not being the "give it to me" and just see how it goes; however, I have seen the medals that those women that give birth without one get and well...they just aren't that impressive and I don't really care to have that "bragging" right! Sooo...after discussion today with Amie and how soon I can get it (and after she confirmed that they are great!) I will not be martyr and will take whatever relief they can offer. I will find another way to "impress" my husband and anyone else that might think that I need to impress them!!! : )

In other news...I have come upon one of few times that I get to say that I am proud of myself! Today, I am officially done with school and completed my Master's Program with an MBA!! Well officially the end of the class is next Tuesday; however, with the great help/understanding of my professor, I was able to work ahead and turned in my last participation posts today to complete early! It is such a great feeling to be done, to be completed and to still have time to "spare" before Baby comes! I am not embellishing on it as much as I had thought because obviously the anxiety and excitement of B2K is overtaking that; however, I am proud of myself and consider it an accomplisment that I can check off my "bucket list". With that, I pat myself on the back and can't wait to enjoy the "spare" time with my husband and daughter that I have dedicated the past 2 years to school!! And in the same breathe have to thank my husband for all the patience and support that he has given me to allow me to take these classes and complete that accomplishment!! Now it's his turn! ; )

With that, that is the quick update for the week. Another appointment set for next Friday morning at 8:00 putting us at the full-term mark. We will see if she decides to come before that!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment