Christmas

Monday, August 29, 2011

Our Days Since Mercy




It's crazy to think that we are approaching 2 weeks already!! I always said they grow up so fast but never really understood the level of that until now! We continue to marvel over how much Alivia has changed just in 2 weeks time and how different life really is aside from what we thought it would be like.

Grandma Lint arranged to spend the week here with us while Daddy returned to work the following Monday; however that was ended prematurely. We ended our first week at home in a less lightening circumstance and did traveling much earlier than we had anticipated. My Uncle Russell passed away very unexpectedly at the young age of 53 years old on August 24th...Jay's 31st birthday and only a few hours after my grandpa's 93rd birthday. This caused some unexpected travel back home to attend his funeral which aside from the sleeping at night, Alivia did fantastic!! We couldn't have asked for a better baby and were amazed by how good she did! Sleeping at night was less than stellar in a new place and with new surroundings which she had only begun to adapt to at our house and caused for a night in the recliner snuggled with Mommy. However, Alivia was able to meet several family and friends that were looking forward to meeting her and might not have been able to do so for a few weeks had we not traveled unexpectedly including her Great Grandma and Grandpa and Great Uncle Larry & Uncle Mike. He will be very missed and remembered each year on Jay's Birthday!

We had our first week appointment with Dr. Megan Beebe and got good report for Miss Alivia. She gained 4 oz of the 8 that she lost before we left the hospital and grew an inch!!

I am sure there is so much that I am not putting on here that I could; including today being the roughest day for Momma n Alivia with Alivia's first tummy ache and her first bout of actually crying breaking Momma's heart into a million pieces. We continue to struggle through that in addition to Daddy working extra hours at work and starting bowling league tonight so Momma dealing with it on her own. Thankfully our friend Brina came over and gave Mommy a reprieve for a half hour to run out and get gas drops, cry some tears and take deep breaths. It is certainly not great timing for Daddy to be working extra hours and less than ideal since he was working 3 day weeks for so long before Alivia and now has to work extra when I could use him at home. Overall, Alivia is a terrific baby and I love her to absolute pieces!! I will have to learn to take the good with the bad and even though I don't know all the caveats, I have been assured it doesn't make me a terrible mom that I feel like I am! I end this post with day two of a fussy baby and only hope that we can figure out the trick to make her our happy content baby again! Until our next update....

No comments:

Post a Comment